Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Nobel Economist Paul Krugman loses to a Pencil

I realize you're probably expecting a new "Revival of the Blackwing" post today, but just saw this and could not resist this bit of pencil related satire from Op-Toons Review. It directly references topics I've covered here in the past from Leonard Read's essay, "I, Pencil".


I particularly loved the line:
"It wasn't fair," Krugman complained after the show. "The pencil represents a vast collection of information that could never result from the orders of government bureaucrats working with economics experts like me. That blasted pencil is the product of a staggeringly sophisticated but spontaneous free enterprise..."
Read the full story here.
Don't worrry fans. Tomorrow you'll get to read why we're bothering with this whole Blackwing Revival thing anyway.

No comments: