Monday, September 15, 2014

Erasable Podcast: Liner Notes fom the Zurückbringer


I was very honored to be the guest last night of Andy, Johnny and Tim on their latest Erasable Podcast Episode 14: Incense Cedar House Rules . My guess, given my readership and frequency of posting, is that if you've found your way to Timberlines, you probably already know about Erasable. Though, just in case you're a neophyte and into pencils, then you need to follow these guys, listen to their podcasts and potentially even jump into the Erasable Podcast Facebook Group where they've inspired pencil exchanges and a whole host of nefarious pencil related behavior, including a Pencil Army. When it comes to anything new and interesting in the world of pencils these guys have all the fresh dirt. Or is that fresh pencil shavings?

Typically I listen to podcasts while I'm walking the dog in the morning, but tonight just couldn't wait to see how it all turned out. So I'm listening while I write this post up.

One of the fun parts of the show is when they cover their "Tools of the Trade" which represent the pencils, notebooks and beverage of choice for the evening. Unfortunately I didn't get to participate in that part of the conversation so I shared mine in my post photo above. During the discussion I mentioned my great-grandfather Philip who had run for Congress in the 1920s. One of his platforms was the overturning of Prohibition so in his honor, so last night during the podcast I was drinking Brew Free or Die IPA from 21st Amendment Brewery which is just down the street from my residence in San Francisco. I was using one of our old California Republic Palomino HB blue end-dipped pencils in an early prototype of a pocket sized notebook we were evaluating earlier this year as we refined our design choices for our new Blackwing Slate journal.

My interview segment comes in at about 43 minutes into their broadcast and runs through the end.

Thanks guys for including me it was great fun and I appreciate your asking me to join in and all the great feedback and put from the members of your growing Community. Pencil is Forever!

3 comments:

Andy said...

Oh no! You're right — we should have done that part with you, too. The way the recording schedule worked out Sunday evening, we recording in two separate parts and pieced it together. Next time, we'll all share beverage recommendations and recipes. :D

Thanks for coming on!

Richard Hoffpauir said...

Fantastic episode! I really enjoyed the history of the Berolzheimer family business, how the current Palomino line evolved, and the imagery of an office on a boat.

Togotooner said...

Charles,...Great podcast!

I was wondering if you'd be willing to read about my hair brained idea for an artist's dream pencil? (well,...this particular artist at least) I have thought about this wild concept for an artist pencil for many years now and wondered if with today's technology if it could actually reach fruition.

I couldn't find your email address but if you'd be willing to share it,...I'd love to reciprocate by sharing my hair brained concept.

This type of pencil, as far as I know, has never been created, but I think it would find a market with illustrators and cartoonists as well as other creative types.

Thanks,

Todd